Nintendo has provided details on upcoming Switch save data maintenance, which is scheduled to take place this week. While the maintenance shouldn’t get in the way of your playing games, it might affect some online services over the specified times and dates.
There are two separate save data maintenance events happening this week, and they’ll be addressing fixes and updates for cloud save data, as well as the process of transferring save data and user data. The details of each maintenance period are as follows.
Save data cloud maintenance
- U.S.: June 29 from 6 p.m. PT to 8 p.m. PT / 9 p.m. ET to 11 p.m. ET.
- U.K.: June 30 from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m.
- Europe: June 30 from 3 a.m. CEST to 5 a.m. CEST
Transfer user/save data maintenance
- U.S.: June 29 from 9:30 p.m. PT to 10:30 p.m. PT / 12:30 a.m. ET to 1:30 a.m. ET.
- U.K.: June 30 from 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 am
- Europe: June 30 from 6:30 a.m. CEST to 7:30 a.m. CEST
As you can see, the Switch maintenance is scheduled to take place over the course of today and tomorrow. In the U.K. and Europe the timing works out so that most users probably won’t be affected, but those in the U.S. may notice that something is going on.
These tweaks are not expected to bring any new features to Nintendo Switch. The most recent update, 10.0.4, was made available earlier in the month.