The Elder Scrolls: Blades was delayed into 2020 by Bethesda last November, but the Nintendo Switch eShop in North America is now listing the game as releasing this Thursday, May 14. Nintendo had previously announced this release date for the game and then unceremoniously retracted it, suggesting that it may have made the announcement earlier than Bethesda had planned. But whatever the case may be, the time to get blading seems to be this Thursday.
For the uninitiated, The Elder Scrolls: Blades is a free-to-play mobile game that has been available on Android and iOS, largely in early access, since last year. It’s basically the opposite of Skyrim (though nothing’s stopping you from playing that on Switch too). The game offers the following features:
- Experience stunning dungeon adventures.
- Create and customize your city, restoring it to greatness.
- Conquer your rivals in epic one-on-one Arena battles.
- Create any character you want and discover unique weapons, armor, and abilities.
- Master the never-ending Abyss with a cutting-edge combat system.
I can’t help but wonder if cutting-edge was somebody’s idea of a spectacular pun. Regardless, The Elder Scrolls: Blades sounds very much like a bite-sized Elder Scrolls experience, for better or worse. If that’s your jam, then look forward to May 14 and hope there have been no more release date errors.