Spain has been an oddly successful market for Nintendo and the Switch. After the hybrid system passed the Xbox One in regional sales after less than even a year on the market, it’s only soared to more success in the country. To commemorate Nintendo announcing the Switch Lite a few days back, Vandal.net shared the 20 best-selling Nintendo Switch games in Spain. While there are two specific games worthy of the top spot in my eyes, Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda: Breath of the Wild, neither are most popular in the region. Here’s the full list of of top performing Switch games in Spain, followed by the number of units sold.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 387,000
- Super Mario Odyssey – 360,000
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 285,000
- Pokémon: Let’s Go – 236,000
- Splatoon 2 – 189,000
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 146,000
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle – 106,000
- FIFA 19 – 83, 900
- Super Mario Party – 79,000
- FIFA 18 – 76,500
- Minecraft – 65,000
- 1-2-Switch – 65,000
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – 62,000
- Just Dance 2019 – 58,500
- Mario Tennis Aces – 57,000
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 52,000
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy – 50,000
- ARMS – 47,000
- Pokken Tournament DX – 45,000
- Fortnite – 44,000
What stands out most to me is the popularity of Mario + Rabbids. Placing one spot behind Super Smash Bros. Ultimate isn’t easy to do, even if 40,000 units do separate the two. Nevertheless, it seems Spain helped somewhat significantly with the overall sales of the Ubisoft and Nintendo collaboration, which sold more than 2 million units worldwide.
Do any of the games on this list surprise you? Be sure to let us know down in the comments section!