First, Detective Pikachu was a video game on the Nintendo 3DS. Years later, it became a live-action movie. Now it’s reborn again as the highest possible form of art: dominoes. Talented YouTuber TheDominoKing is a huge Pokémon fan, so he decided to show his love for the character with an elaborate domino-toppling video.
TheDominoKing’s tribute took over a week to set up and contains a whopping 31,968 dominoes. The dominoes come together to form lightning bolts, the movie’s logo, Poké Balls, and the detective himself. The design sticks closer to the original 3DS model than the more realistic movie version. Isn’t he adorable in his little hat? You can watch every last domino fall by clicking the video below.
If you’re not familiar with TheDominoKing’s work, then you should do yourself a favor and check out his channel. He’s been making videos like this one for years, and they’re all great. His creations include popular Nintendo characters and properties like Bowser, Waluigi, and Majora’s Mask.
Also, If you haven’t seen Detective Pikachu yet, what are you waiting for? I saw it on opening night, and I believe it breaks the video game curse by appealing to longtime fans and newcomers alike. It’s a fun, family-friendly movie with lots of Easter eggs that fans of the games will enjoy. What’s not to love?
More articles like this right here at Nintendo Enthusiast
- Detective Pikachu writers have ideas for a Super Smash Bros. movie
- Theater terrifies children with horror movie instead of Detective Pikachu
- Legendary worked with Pokémon experts to get Detective Pikachu right
- Detective Pikachu made actor Bill Nighy a Pokémon superfan
- Reimagined Detective Pikachu is born again as a Game Boy Color title
- Pokémon helps scientists unlock the mysteries of the human brain
- Ryan Reynolds wants more live-action Pokémon movies