Aquaplus has announced that it will host a special live stream celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Utawarerumono series next month. Fans can tune into the broadcast on YouTube at 7:00 p.m. JST on November 24, 2021.
The Utawarerumono 20th anniversary live stream will feature a bunch of voice actors from the series as guests. Below is a list of confirmed guests for the show:
- Rikiya Koyama (Voice of Hakuoro)
- Kentaro Tone (Voice of Ukon, Oshtor, and Haku)
- Ryouka Yuzuki (Voice of Eruru)
- Yuuya Uchida (Voice of Mikazuchi)
- Daisuke Kirii (Voice of Oboro)
- Risa Taneda (Voice of Kuon)
- Mai Nakahara (Voice of Yuzuha)
- Ayane Sakura (Voice of Ululu and Sarana)
- Tsuyoshi Koyama (Voice of Kurou)
- Yuko Gibu (Voice of Fumiriru)
- Yu Ayase (Voice of Suzuri)
- Suara (singer)
The Utawarerumono series started as a visual novel strategy RPG for adults on PC in 2002. While the series debuted as a PC title, its subsequent releases were mostly on PlayStation consoles. The second game, Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, was released in Japan in September 2015 for the PS4, PS3, and PS Vita. It was eventually localized in the West in May 2017. Since then, the series has grown in popularity and spawned several anime series, manga, drama CDs, and more.
All three main titles are only available on PlayStation consoles and PC. However, there’s hope for a Nintendo Switch release. Aquaplus surprised fans last year by releasing the spinoff party game Dokapon Up! Mugen no Roulette for the Nintendo Switch, so perhaps we’ll see a Switch port of the main games in the future.