Developer Chucklefish has announced at their dev blog that Wargroove Deluxe Edition will receive a physical release on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 in fall courtesy of Sold Out. Although Sold Out is based out of London, this physical version will be available in both North America and Europe.
Wargroove Deluxe Edition will include the following, per the dev blog:
- Physical disc/cartridge copy of the game
- Downloadable version of the Wargroove Soundtrack by Phonetic Hero and Boss Battle Records
- Commander sprite sticker sheet
- Poster map of Aurania
- Mini Strategy Manual with stats & tips on all units (available in English, French, Italian, German & Spanish)
- Reversible coversheet – it’s a clean version of the key art without all those messy logos, but complete with standard spine so that it still looks normal on your shelf!
The game will retail for £19.99 / $29.99 / €29.99 on PlayStation 4, but it will retail for a more costly £29.99 / $39.99 / €39.99 on Nintendo Switch. That is a really brutal example of the “Switch tax” in my opinion, but I’ll let you guys and your wallets decide the value of the game.
Wargroove first released this past February, but somehow it feels a lot longer ago than that to me. We at Nintendo Enthusiast really enjoyed the game, though for some reason I never got around to finishing it. In any case, the game provides a nice way to stave off starvation as we wait for a new Advance Wars that will never come.