Classic game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? has a video game adaptation set to release on Switch on October 29 in Europe and November 17 in North America. With an expansive list of modes (that includes a self-described battle royale) and functionality for six different languages, each with thousands of unique questions, the game seems poised to please fans of the hit game show all around the globe.
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? on Switch has a ton of features for single-player, local multiplayer, and online play. Check out the press release excerpt below,which describes some of the general features and provides a large list of modes.
Your general knowledge will be put to the test with more than 3,000 questions, 2,000+ being territory exclusives, split into 8 categories like History, Sport, Science, Art & Literature… You’ll even unlock more questions as you play!
Of course, [Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?] includes the famous lifelines such as Phone a Friend, 50-50, Switch the Question and more to help you in your quest!
[List of modes in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?]
– A solo mode with a normal difficulty
– A mode dedicated to kids with simple questions specifically crafted for a younger audience
– The mode “Free-for-All” will see 4 players compete to find who will answer a series of question. May the best one win!
– In “Taking Turns“, gather up to 10 players for a stressful game of sudden death where a wrong answer means you’re eliminated.
– In the “Cooperative” mode, team up with 3 other players and work together to reach the goal!
– Each of these game modes are also available with a “Family” setting allowing everyone to take part in the action!
– Battle against up to 99 players in a “Battle Royale” mode and try to reach the top position!
With thousands of questions and plenty of content, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? looks like the perfect casual game for fans of the show, or the perfect competitive game for families who get especially contentious over game shows. Let us know if Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? for Switch is on your radar in the comments below.