Zoids Wild: Blast Unleashed is available now exclusively on Nintendo Switch. It comes from IP owner Tomy and publisher Outright Games, which is known for churning out oodles of licensed games of variable quality. The familiar premise of the game is that Arashi is helping Team Freedom battle the Dark Metal Empire, and that’s apparently as much setup as a Zoids game needs. The game offers the following features:
- Go head to head – Compete in 1vs1 mecha battles with breathtaking 3D combat
- Enter the Zoids universe – Play as a large cast of Zoids characters with faithful visuals
- New story – Join the war between factions and discover a new Zoids sub-species
- 2-player action – Test your skills against other players
- Simple controls – Easily chain moves and devastate opponents with your Final Blast
Now take a look at what that all actually means in the Zoids Wild: Blast Unleashed launch trailer. The character models look pretty decent, at least.
Like seemingly a lot of Outright Games’ licensed games, Zoids Wild: Blast Unleashed is likely to offer some thrills for hardcore fans and maybe not an extraordinary experience for anyone else. The publisher’s other recent offerings include Trollhunters Defenders of Arcadia and Ben 10: Power Trip, as well as the upcoming Transformers: Battlegrounds and PAW Patrol: Mighty Pups. Are you considering trying any of these licensed experiences on Nintendo Switch?